From reunion 2003, when we were young
As of March 2, 2018:
The names are coming in an abundance that has let the list get away from me. Jim Chapman and Paul Higgins from Oregon; Father John Sheehan, S.J. from Jordan; Father John Pearson, C.S.C., from Arizona, Jerry Murray, Paul Zalesky, Jake (Pat) Keenan, Jim Hoffman and wife Carla. . . The no’s are scant: Joe Blake, Chris Manion. . . Someone you want to see? Get in touch. Make plans. Use www.my.nd.edu and look up contact information.
Tom Condon filled his article with humor, sentiment, photos of the likes of Tom Gibbs, Brien Murphy, and Sandy Carrigan, and stories when he wrote about the Rugby Club’s trip to Ireland for competition with Irish clubs in 1968: click on ND Rugby Club in Ireland 1968
As of February 9, 2018:
A Notre Dame staff member coordinating reunion preparation with Fred Ferlic and others on Fred’s committee sent a document yesterday, one showing a likely reunion schedule. The last pages provide a good summary.
1968 Reunion Agenda Overview:
All times may be subject to change
● 5:00pm – Grotto Mass for Class of 1968
- ● TBD – Class of 1968 Golf Scramble at Burke Golf Course
- ● 6:30am – Breakfast at Dining Halls (until 10am)
- ● 9:00am – 10:30am – Flag Raising/Taps/Vietnam Commemorationwith reception
- ● 10:30am – ND Perspectives at Washington Hall
- ● 11:00am – Lunch at Dining Hall (until 1pm)
- ● 1:30pm – University Leaders Forum
- ● 3:00pm – Rocky Bleier Play (location TBD)
- ● 5:00pm – 1968 & 50 Year Club Mass at Basilica of Sacred Heart
- ● 6:00pm – Cocktail Reception at Dahnke Ballroom
- ● 7:00pm – Dinner at Dahnke Ballroom (until 1am)
- ● 9:00pm – Neverly Brothers performance at Dahnke Ballroom(until 1am)SATURDAY AGENDA
- ● 6:30am – Breakfast at Dining Halls (until 10am)
- ● 9:00am – Seminar for Class of 1968 (until 10:30am)
- ● Noon – 1968 Induction Lunch for Class of 1968 at Joyce Center
- ● 1:00pm – Class Photo immediately following and in the samelocation as the Induction Luncheon
- ● 3:00pm – Rocky Bleier Play (Location TBD)
- ● 4:00pm – All Class Mass at the Joyce Center Fieldhouse
- ● 6:00pm – Dinner at Dahnke Ballroom (until 1am)SUNDAY AGENDA
● TBD – Class Brunch at Chris Murphy’s house
○ NDAA will work with Chris Murphy to create a Google Form to invite and RSVP as we start to get a better handle of who is coming to Reunion (will continue discussions with Chris on this)
As of November 7, 2017:
Tom & Mary Weyer, Matt & Joyce Walsh, Tom & Anne Condon, Larry “Monk” Forness, Tom & Nancy (Carlin) Figel, Jim O’Rourke, Tom Scully, Tom Warner, Brian McTigue, Joe Hale, Tom & Judy Culcasi, Tom Phillips, Jake Patrick Keenan (now living in Cambridge, MA), Ed Kickham, Mike Tyrrell, Tom Dorsel, John & Dia Walsh, Bill Cleary (daughter ‘98 has her ND 20th with our 50th. We both agreed we will be there! Go Irish!!! – Bill), Mike Burgener, Walt Moxham (Wouldn’t miss it and will make sure Tom Brislin joins us. I have already booked rooms. He wouldn’t agree to stay in the class dorm for that “real”Stanford or Farley Hall experience. But he is threatening to re write his valedictory speech. Hope all is well. Definitely a great year for the Irish faithful. Wally Moxham); Tom Gibbs, Bob and Donna Ptak, Bill Follette, Pat Demare with Bob Santaloci, Dave Graves, Neil and Richie Rogers and Mike Carroll. (We are all trying to get Pat Furey to join us.)
Michael Browning, Jerry and Mary Ellen Murray along with Bob and Sharon Kubiak, Jim & Eileen Hutchinson, Jim & Pam Stoffel, Mike & Beth Helmer, Tom Fitzharris, Rich Pivnicka, Jim Davis & Betty, Paul Zalesky, Bryan Dunigan, Jeff & Meg Keyes, Ned & Melinda Buchbinder, Roger & Jean Guerin, Ted Nebel, Bob Smith, John & Karen O’Brien, Ken Howard, Pete Farrell, Ted & Ann Bratthauar
Tom Cuggino, Tom McKenna (Chicago), Tom McKenna (Carmel, IN), Brian & Susan Schanning, John O’Connor, Ray & Carmela Munchmeyer, Wayne & Jackie Micek
Zingers that came with the notes Nov. 3:
From Mike Helmer: Beth and I are in! She has long told me that based on my stories, the classmate she really wants to meet is Bob Santaloci. Once I told her he’d be there we were a definite go.
From Bill Gormley regarding proof to Morris Inn of Class of 1968 membership: For purposes of national security it is under seal until 2050.
From Jim O’Rourke about same, proof of 1968 membership: I’m not showing anyone my transcript until Donald Trump releases his.
From Jerry Murray, who had an experience of Jim Hutchinson’s rental car choice during a post-season game trip: He just bought a used mini van. He is hosting a Woodstock party in the lot behind the hotel. He swears medical marijuana will be available.
Says Pat Demare: I will be attending the reunion with Bob Santaloci, Dave Graves, Neil and Richie Rogers and Mike Carroll. We are all trying to get Pat Furey to join us.
Bill Follette says: Just a note from a fellow ’68 grad that I am looking forward to attending my 50th with my wife of 50 years, Barbara (ND Homecoming Queen ’66). I hope all my fellow Cavanaugh, Dillon, and AFROTC friends will join us.
Spent the last half century not being bored:
- 20 years flying Air Force air-refueling tankers and Special Ops helicopters (active and Reserves)
- 25 years Sperry/Honeywell
- 6 years International Consulting
- 8 years bureaucrat for City of Mesa, AZ
My son, Jim, ND ’93 and SMC wife tagging along for their 25th.
Morris Inn, here we all come!